King of Hungary & Croatia

Duke of Transylvania

#22 Xikari

Xikari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

C'est nous qui trouverons les nouvelles haches, les nouveaux socs, coutres, hoyaux, trépieds et grilles, mais c'est le fèvre qui les armera de son acier. Il est tenu de réparer et d'améliorer avec son propre fer les objets brisés. Il fera avec son propre fer de nouvelles fourches à gerbes et à fumier, de nouveaux crocs à fumier et à viande.
Coutume de ferrure ou services dus par le fèvre de l'abbaye de Saint-Martin de Sées, fin du XIIe siècle.

Is found at the top of the small forge when you enter it to build tools.

#23 Joanna

Joanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

Another one - this is confusing because in the list of buildings it is called "Construction Sites" and in the tutorial it is "Building Chantiers."

Screen4_zps6rkum4y6.jpg

Joanna_zpsaygrzctk.png

#24 Krstash

Krstash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

aUxosW3.png

Move certan number of workers to 0. Whats the point? Nothing Whats the reward? Nothing... Does this make sense to you? :)

King of Hungary & Croatia

Duke of Transylvania

#25 GeorgetheGreat

GeorgetheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Well it's the exact same in French... I guess he's trying to point out that you should change the allocated peasants frequently

NIETZSCHE

Famille Windsor

Comte de Cantobery

LOCKE

Virovitica Family

Duke of Zagreb

HOBBES

Bütow Family

ACHARD OF ST VICTOR

Hazebrouck Family

#26 Xikari

Xikari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

There are a couple more things on the family screen.

When you're viewing another family, the text to take you back to your own family needs translated.

Also, all the link-like things on the bottom right on people have a French in the tool tip.

The default family description is also in French.

#27 Joanna

Joanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Another one:

1b507bb2-8bfb-4779-929b-51166b9811b5_zps

A suggestion - When you are unable to build something because you are missing the technology, it says "Missing Requirements" but "requirements" could be building materials, Political Points, technology, or money. It might be clearer if this were "missing technologies," so you know what you are missing and how to remedy it. 

Joanna_zpsaygrzctk.png

#28 KeletiFiu

KeletiFiu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

When you hover over your rank at the top (near the political points), the tooltip is in french.

Rang au classement général

#29 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

What I am relating here is an awkward translation from French to English, but it can also be very confusing and misleading. An example...

Under the "Plow Horse" technology it explains the effect as...

"Increase the population growth of 0.15%"

The better translation is:

"Increase the population growth by 0.15%"

This translation mistake is in many places. There are some places where it can be very confusing.

#30 Joanna

Joanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

I can't get a screenshot because it disappears when I move my mouse, but the information mouseover for the "Great Granary" is still in French.

Joanna_zpsaygrzctk.png

#31 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for all the great feedback, most of it are fixed/will be fixed soon.

About the "descriptions/quotes" of some buildings, they will be translated by the english translation team. If you feel you are up for it (very good level in English and in French), feel free to join the team. :)

#32 Mclegrand

Mclegrand

King

• Administrators
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

What I am relating here is an awkward translation from French to English, but it can also be very confusing and misleading. An example...

[...]

Fixed.

I can fix anything that is already in english but has problems (inapprehensible, vague, useless, rubbish), the rest is up to Le0ben :)

I translated the "quotes" of the buildings, but if you think you make them look more like Middle_English grammar (and still be understandable^^), feel free.

MOH
Forum admin (ne me contactez pas pour des problèmes IG) inutile (je ne peux pas créer de groupes d'accès)
Chef traducteur anglais
Rédacteur du wiki

Europe 500
(futur) Roi de Hongrie-Croatie
Duc de Transylvanie
Grand fournisseur de mariés des familles d'Europe

#33 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

[...]

Fixed.

I can fix anything that is already in english but has problems (inapprehensible, vague, useless, rubbish), the rest is up to Le0ben :)

I translated the "quotes" of the buildings, but if you think you make them look more like Middle_English grammar (and still be understandable^^), feel free.

Other places I've found this in the technology tree...

"Military Command" should read "Increases by 2 the percentage of..."

"Tolls" should read "Increases the tolls by 5 points for merchandise..."

"Stone Keep" should read "Increases by 2 the percentage of..."

"Mining Techniques" should read "Increases by 1000 the maximum..."

"Chivalry" should read "Increases by 2 the percentage of..."

"Book" should read "Decreases the research time of new technologies by 20%."

"Military Organization" should read "Increases the capacity of your armies by 4 regiments."

"Plate Armors" title should be "Plate Armor" ("armors" sounds awkward in English).

"Manure" should ready "Increases economic activity by 0.2."

"Joint-Army Tactics" should read "Increase the capacity of your armies by 4 regiments..."

#34 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:54 AM

Also, I really like the way you're going with the historical quotes for the buildings! The quote for the Training Camp is really good!

I might suggest a slightly different way of translating the description of the "Forge". Perhaps...

"And they will assume all of the costs of mining the iron, except that we will supply coal at our expense for a distance less than a league and a half, that they will bring to their forges in their own carriages; We will also pay half the salary of the blacksmiths." Donation by Robert, Bishop of Langres, of an iron mine and a forge to the Abbey of Longuary. January, 1237.

#35 lockey

lockey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

A quick fix to make

King of England is called : King of English

King of Poland is called : King of Polish

Other king titles are spelt right.

#36 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

On the family screen, when you click on a person, it shows all of their relations...spouse, parents, siblings, and children.

If you mouse over one of those slots that happens to be empty, it says, "No parent in this category" no matter what the relationship is. I think this should read "No person in this category" instead.

#37 Mclegrand

Mclegrand

King

• Administrators
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

I might suggest a slightly different way of translating the description of the "Forge". Perhaps...

It's not the cost of mining, but of "making" the iron, going from the raw iron ore to the iron bar with a furnace.

The rest is done.

MOH
Forum admin (ne me contactez pas pour des problèmes IG) inutile (je ne peux pas créer de groupes d'accès)
Chef traducteur anglais
Rédacteur du wiki

Europe 500
(futur) Roi de Hongrie-Croatie
Duc de Transylvanie
Grand fournisseur de mariés des familles d'Europe

#38 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

It's not the cost of mining, but of "making" the iron, going from the raw iron ore to the iron bar with a furnace.

The rest is done.

Oh, I see! Then my suggestion would be...

"And they will assume all of the costs of forging iron, except that we will supply coal at our expense from a distance less than a league and a half. And that they will bring to their forges in their own carriages; We will also pay half the salary of the blacksmiths." Donation by Robert, Bishop of Langres, of an iron mine and a forge to the Abbey of Longuary. January, 1237.

Thanks for being so responsive. It is, of course, up to you if you use it.

You're doing great work. Most of the translations are quite good! I am enjoying the aesthetic of the game very much so far!

#39 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

Another small note about the name of the treaty article/clause "Right of way". A slightly better English translation would be "Right of Passage".

"Right of way" in English refers to a ruling that determines who, among a pair of travelers, has a stronger right to use the roadway.

"Right of passage" refers to a person who owns a land or roadway granting permission for someone else to travel through it.

#40 Garik

Garik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

A couple of other things I've noticed...

In notifications...

The month of July is showing as 'juiy' ('i' instead of 'l').

Also, when you buy something from someone on the market, it says under notifications (for example): "Tonder bought 10 stone for 120 pounds to Neumunster."

It should read "Tonder bought 10 stone for 120 pounds from Neumunster."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users