Photo

Do you want to help to translate the game into your language ?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

In order for March of History to become more and more popular, we need it to be translated in as much languages as possible, so we are always looking for players who have a very good level in English or French, a very good written level in their mother language, are ready to work as a team with other translators and have some free time to translate!

If you think you have what it takes to translate March of History in your language, then please follow these simple steps:

1 If you haven't done it already, in the game, go at the bottom of the screen in the main menu and you should see a link at the bottom center called "Translation".

Attached File  TranslationLink.JPG   32.4KB   0 downloads

2 Once there, carefully read the text explaining more about translating the game and select your mother language as the language you will be translating into.

Attached File  Translationstep2.JPG   100.2KB   0 downloads

3 Now, post in this thread to let us know that you are an active translator. Mclegrand or I will give you access to the translator corner.

There, you will be able to exchange with the other translators of your language, ask questions if needed and so on.

If there are no head translator, you can ask to become one but remember that being a head translator takes a lot of time and you need to have an excellent level in English/French and in your mother language. The head translators are not tyrants over the other translators, the translators all work as a team, listen to each other's suggestions an the head translators validate the translations.

We have also already added to the translators' corner those of you who are already translators or head translators and have been active the last 6 months.

So, let us know here if you want to translate and help! :)

#2 NickvR

NickvR

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hello,

My name is Nick and I am from the Netherlands. I would like to become translator and I followed allt he steps shown above.

At this point, I wont apply to become head-translator and if I am right, there is already one for the Dutch language.

I am just wondering how is works further down the way.

With kind regards!

#3 Ghami

Ghami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:54 PM

Hello,

my name is Ghami, I am from Germany and consider myself to be very good in my language (on my way to become a teacher^^). Furthermore I am fluent in English and know a good deal of french, especially those words needed to get along in RR SRING for 9 years now.

I would offer my services as translators. Depending on who else is active as german translator and their opinions I would also opt as head-translator. I already followed the steps above and also tried to translate two pieces (some time ago).

Sincerely Ghami

#4 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

@Nick: I have created the Dutch Corner in the translators' forum. I'm going to contact Findecano to see if he thinks he can be an active head translator again. If he can't, a new one will be needed.

@Ghami: I have given you access to the translators' forum. Bonisagus is no longer active, so we will need a new head translator.

#5 myckilem

myckilem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

I can also help for translation in Dutch. ^^

Les guerres inter-royaumes codées, c'est l'avenir!

#6 NickvR

NickvR

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

@le0ben: I have seen it and did my thing there... Now I will just wait for further instructions, because I dont know where to go next.

#7 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

@myckilem: I'm giving you access to the translators' corner too.

@Nick: Findecano is going to be active again as a head translator so you can start translating and he will validate your fragments. :)

#8 Vilorp

Vilorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

I have a problem with the events:

13 août 1666 - Les taxes du moulin ont rapporté 200 livres à Udine

is translated as:
     RK translation
    evenements     Мелницата в %city% събра %number% жълтици.

However, the game displays the first ...

This applies to all events, even though the game uses a translation base.

#9 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

You mean that it is still in English even though you've translated it? And this is the same thing for all those types of events?

#10 Vilorp

Vilorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:08 PM

Exactly. Valid for all events. Although translated game still uses the English / French.
When I look in the text search out the translation which I did. =/

#11 Vilorp

Vilorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

8603266i.jpg

#12 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Could you try again in a few minutes?

#13 Vilorp

Vilorp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Now everything is fine! 10x

#14 NickvR

NickvR

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

Ok! Will wait for Findecano :)

#15 Koku

Koku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

I offered my help to translate the game into Italian. I can't find anymore the post where I applied, but I do not see any Italian translator. So, may I go for it?

#16 NickvR

NickvR

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

I am still wondering when Findecano thinks to arrive.. Because I have no clue if I did it right so far.

#17 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

@Koku: I'm giving you access to the translators' forum, but did you register as a translator in the game as explained in the first post of this thread? I don't see you as a translator for the italian language.

@Nick: I'm asking him again to come and visit the forum. :)

#18 Koku

Koku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Okay. I did it and I can see the translation page. I translated something to see how's going. Who is the Italian head translator?

#19 le0ben

le0ben

Admin Doyen

• Administrators
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

We need one right now, and don't forget to check the italian corner in the translators' corner forum. :)

#20 Koku

Koku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Done. In Italian corner I present myself and wrote down some organiazational considerations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users