• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan.Labhran

Duncan.Labhran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

The Lords of Italy and the House of Fribourg of the lands comprising the Kingdom of Burgundy have historically had strained relations due to obligations of a past alliance. That former alliance was broken some time ago. Since that time, the Kingdom of Italy has been united under my leadership as I have been crowned King of Italy. Furthermore, Italy has maintained a peaceful and mutually respectful relationship with all of the Lords of Burgundy, including the current claimant of the throne of Burgundy, Fribourg.

It is with this respectful relationship in mind that I make the following statement and demand.

Susa, an Italian territory on the border between our lands, recently fell into abandonment and an Italian Lord at the bequest of myself, the King of Italy, moved to reclaim the territory. Upon reaching his destination he found that Fribourg, claimant of Burgundy, had already moved troops and engaged in a siege. Fribourg has since taken possession of Susa.

Prior to these events, this territory was a member territory of the Kingdom of Italy. It was formally in possession of the Lord of Susa, who was a loyal subject of the Kingdom. 

Italy will not allow one of it's territories to be annexed by a foreign power.

Earlier today I sent Fribourg a direct message, asking for a peaceful resolution to this situation.

Due to the active advancement of the creation of the Kingdom of Burgundy and the delicate situation created by these actions, Italy demands a quick response from Fribourg.

It is the desire of Italy that we maintain the peaceful relations in our region by addressing the situation diplomatically, but Italy will act to defend her borders.

Respectfully, 

Perig de Pisa, King of Italy

#2 Robinstar

Robinstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

Good Morning King,

I was just waiting for you or for Piedmont, because the siege of Susa has been a way to force you to contact me.

Let me explain as we arrived to this situation.

About ten years ago, when the Italy's Kingdom did not exist, with the support of my vassals I started the creation of our Burgundy's Kingdom, still in course of progress.

But I noticed that some seignories could not help because they were involved with external bonds and after a check, I saw that La Pignolette had two feudal bonds with the Duke of Piedmont and with Orbetello, the King of Rome.

About the Duke of Piedmont, La Pignolette had a feudal bond for the rispective titles of Lord of Embrun vassal of Count of Turin.

I spoke with La Pignolette about his italian feudal bonds and in agrement with him, we thinked to ask to his foreign liege lords to break the two feudal bond by treaty to avoid fellony for him.

So the 17th june, year 1164, I wrote two messages both to Piedmont and to Orbetello asking their to break the feudal bond with La Pignolette.

In details, this is my first message to Piedmont:

Spoiler

As you can see, my intentions were only addressed to fix the problem to can join Embrun on the building of Burgundy while italians and burgundians can continue to economic grow and cooperate with them.

However nothing happened, Piedmond did not answered to me or did not prepare any treaty, so after some days I speak again with La Pignolette and we decided that LaPignolette had to prepare and to send the two treaties to break his feudal bonds with the two italians liege.

I also verified the content of both treaties to be sure that LaPignolette did them right.

Hereafter there is the copy&paste of the text of the treaty (Article I) to break his feudal bond with Piedmont. It is written in Deutsch but Piedmont received it in English:

Spoiler

Also this time nothing happened: Piedmont did not accepted the treaty sent by LaPignolette and did not write any clarification message about nor to LaPignolette and neither to me.

So we waited some other days and I wrote again, both to Piedmont and to Orbetello, to remind to accept the treaties prepared by LaPignolette.

In details, this is my second message to Piedmont of 21th june, equal to year 1168:

Spoiler

Also this time, nothing happened with Piedmont, nor answer or clarification about my messages or treaty prepared by LaPignolette.

LaPignolette has been replaced by another player but when yesterday morning I saw that Susa became a neutral town easy to conquer on the border with Piedmont, I saw the occasion to force Piedmont to contact me.

In fact, as you can see, this time Piedmont has been very fast to evidence the problem to claim Susa.

But for me, Embrun and Susa, Piedmont/Orbetello and LaPignolette, Italy problems and Burgundy problems, are linked between them and these are my requests to find a solution and a stable relation for the future:

1) Piedmont accepts the treaty of breaking his feudal bond with La Pignolette (Lord of Embrun vassal of Count of Turin), and eventually tell me if there are some problems.

2) You as King of Italy and ex ally of Orbetello, speak with Orbetello and convince him to accept the treaty sent by LaPignolette to break also his feudal bond with LaPignolette (Viscount of Embrun vassal of Viscount of Rome).

3) When I will get the de jure control of Susa and both feudal bonds of LaPignolette with Piedmont and Orbetello are broken by treaty, I will handover Susa to Piedmont.

I am a man of word and I will mantein my promise to return to you Susa but this time you have to move to broke by treaty both italian feudal bonds with LaPignolette, taking in account the new player is few active.

Best Regards,

Mahe de Fribourg, Duc des Burgondes

#3 Duncan.Labhran

Duncan.Labhran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

I appreciate your quick response.

I see that our old alliances and divisions are still causing some issues for you.

Firstly, let it be well known that Italy and St. Peters are allied and will protect each others interests. However, I cannot dictate what the House of Orbetello does or does not do.

In addition, I have communicated with you previously regarding the broken alliance between myself and House of Geneva. Support in Italy was withdrawn from House of Geneva and the House of Pignolette some time ago.

If you agree to respect our borders, I'm more than willing to in what official capacity I am able, to recognize the House of Fribourg as the governing house of the Kingdom of Burgundy.

I will convey Italy's desire to resolve these issues with Burgundy to the King of St. Peter. As I stated, I cannot dictate commands to another King. Certainly you do not expect me to.

I was not aware of these communications with Piedmont. I will work with him to resolve any vassalization issues remaining with the Burgundy lords.

In the future, I would greatly appreciate it if you brought diplomatic issues directly to my attention so that we may avoid needlessly coming to the brink to war.

Regards,

#4 Robinstar

Robinstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Dear King,

sure for the future, I will speak with you for all concerning Italy's question, but if look the date of the events, your Kingdom still not was built.

About Orbetello, if you will try to succeed to the modern age (I hope you will be as I hope the same for me) you will annex the St.Peter's Kingdom, because the opposite is impossible, then also what does Orbetello will involve you as future leader of Italy's nation.

You cannot dictate to Orbetello but sure he will hear you and he cannot ignore you as he did with me and LaPignolette.

For this reason, I renew my request to speak with Orbetello and convince him to accept the treaty sent by LaPignolette to break also his feudal bond with LaPignolette.

I confirm that Susa has been only a tool to fix pending problems to the building of our Kingdom and I expect you will be able to solve these little issues.

Thanks in Advance for your intervention.

Best Regards,

Mahe de Fribourg, Duc des Burgondes

#5 Duncan.Labhran

Duncan.Labhran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

To the Duke of Burgundians,

I have conveyed your request to Orbetello and Piedmont. I will be in contact with you for further resolution.

The internal affairs of Italy are not your concern; and though I do not claim to speak on behalf of St. Peters, I would imply the same for that Kingdom.

Your suggestions on our governance and future is not necessary for a resolution of the current situation.

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users