#1 Batonnoir

Batonnoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Declaration of War

The senate of Genève has voted the war against house Fribourg on 1141. The Duchess Aodrena of Genève has been appointed general for the war and authorized to recruit mercenaries in name of the state.

To whom it may concern. Genève has endeavor to build Burgundy over good bases, encouraging lower houses to grow, never hesitating to spare a town. Very soon, the duchy of Lyon recognised Genève talent and decided to join the Republic. In Provence, the promising house La Pignolette started to grow when the house fribourg decided to conquer that duchy. While this house had already wipped out most of Burgundy's duchy town, controling more than 12 towns at the time, they decided to repeat it in Provence. The promising lord La Pignolette was to become duke but Fribourg didn't want to make him prosper. In a final exchange with house La Pignolette, Fribourg shamelessly admitted putting a spoke in his wheel.

Against such House, there is no other way than war. May god bless our army and bring destruction over our ennemies.

• lux likes this

#2 Batonnoir

Batonnoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:55 AM

Genève, year 1151

Ten years of war have been spent. After some success, Fribourg had seen his army destroyed while besieging Rochas. Unable to besiege most of Genève towns, Fribourg had taken over easy targets: towns with fence.

Aodrena of Genève knew his opponent was stubborn and willing to fight. She also was. After 10 years of war, she decided though to remind to Fribourg the goal of war.

To house Fribourg,

The war I have launched against you has a clear objective: you have to renounce to your provencal towns and titles - especially the duke title - and to transfer them to La Pignolette, a real provencal lord for him to administrate. However, I wish you to remain duke of burgundians and to keep your towns linked to that title.

You have been too far taken lands one after another, like there was only you on earth, claiming titles where legitimate lords were more able to do so.

The war will last as long as it takes. Still, this original goal of war will be extended and conditions of peace will be harsher for you if you refuse to abide to those conditions.

Aodrena of Genève, Duchess of Savoie

#3 Robinstar

Robinstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Geneve,

I will remind you that you're taking advantage of a bad management of titles of nobility.

In fact, I had 2/3 de facto & de jure of towns (La Pignolette and Embrun) of the title of Viscount of Embrun but this title has been wrongly in possession of La Pignolette who has only one town (Rochas).
If, as was right, I was Viscount Embrun you could not make a reconquest war..

About La Pignolette, entering on his towns I saw that he has an "absent management" and has a serious gap in military management.
Instead of giving him the titles, teaches to him the basics of military policy.

As you saw, the Pignolette up to now has so far made the beautiful ornament of the Provence and sooner or later will be attacked from the French border or from Spanish enemies.

In case of a French attack, Spanish or German one, who help you?
La Pignolette? Or Lyon who erring war types? Or Taglia which is not able to watch the map to help his comrades? Or your Italian colleagues, who are afraid to make a simple overwhelming  assault? 

For the future, is better if you will have me as friend because I can fight alone agaist seven enemies.

However, I will accept the peace and I will release the title of Duke of Provence.
Probably before to do this, I will make a last act of war, only to take off a satisfaction; perhaps you will be notified by a message.

#4 Batonnoir

Batonnoir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

Fribourg,

You may think you can do everything by yourself but there is a clear limitation to that: your political points. Releasing your title of Duke of provence is not enough, you must release your provencal towns as well and focus on developing your burgundian towns: bourg, lausanne (currently overtaken), fribourg, Berne, Gruyères, Pontarlier, Neufchatel, Poligny, Mondey, Vuillafans, Besançon, Dôle... So 12 towns. Isn't that enough at the moment? Have in mind there is no "thrifty" able to make you gain millions in a year, so holding 30, 40, 50 towns is no longer an available option.

About Provence, I intend to supervize its reorganization and don't take on La pignolette too much. He has started as beginner lord and this war was a good lesson for him. It's easy to mock people who start, but so far you haven't helped him at all to develop while you were taking over provencal towns for yourself.

My conditions of peace are not here to humiliate you, you in fact know how to fight quite well.

You talk about foreigner agressions, for now some italians houses have helped Genève in regard of the help I have provided against florence years ago. But when peace is made and the kingdom of Burgundy is done, there is place for us to work together.

#5 Sandro

Sandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

Fribourg,

I can understand that you dislike my management of my counties in the Provence. As Genève said, I am a beginner lord and was a very peaceful one too. All I wanted was to have some prosperous counties and it would be lie to say I wouldn't have succeeded in that matter. Just look at the county La Pignolette and you will know what I will mean by that.

Just as the war began I started to understand how important military is. However I was too late and was overrun by your armies and would have been destroyed easily without the help of Genève, Lyon and other allies.

About the titles: The bad management of titles was on purpose. I didn't want you to become lord of the Provence. I would have, if you would have given me some real help like Genève did, but you didn't. I've already told you this before so no need to clarify things here.

PS: Ah, and about the bad management. I was one week on holidays so had very very little time for MoH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users