• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Catherine.Wylde

Catherine.Wylde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

I'm curious to hear thoughts about this topic. Are you planning to role play in the forums as the IG character that is the Lord of the Family or as the character controlling the house? For me there is a bit of a problem as my forum name is Catherine Wylde but the Lord of the Family is a man ...  :blink: ... Thoughts? 

• Wilhelmrk likes this

r06t7n.gif

#2 Wilhelmrk

Wilhelmrk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

Maybe roleplay as a scribe describing the acts of the family?

• Catherine.Wylde likes this

#3 Joanna

Joanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

I've been puzzling on that too. I'm thinking of RPing it as though the Head of the Family was my steward or second in command. That would accommodate the later changes in head of family too, as the game progresses.

The problem with the scribe/historian approach is that you can't really RP with others - it's more of creating the story on your own. If you wanted to be super creative, you could RP it through the eyes of a bard telling the story in poetry or something I suppose. 

Joanna_zpsaygrzctk.png

#4 Jervaj

Jervaj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

Theres people that tells the things from an outer perspective where all the active characters play their part or your Lord with other lords.
And I really enjoy reading them

#5 Emrys

Emrys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

There's so much writing potential since we play families, rather than a single character. What sort of RP are you thinking about?

#6 ian

ian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

years pass too fast ,I was a Beta tester, once game started , people gonna die rapidly, ( 3-4 days avg ). unless you want to do rapid rps;  it's not possible but the game is vaste, it has many ig rp element , like contract etc.

#7 Krstash

Krstash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

Head of family = Me.

Rest are NPC.

King of Hungary & Croatia

Duke of Transylvania

#8 Catherine.Wylde

Catherine.Wylde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

There's so much writing potential since we play families, rather than a single character. What sort of RP are you thinking about?

I was thinking about RPing with the other Lord of Cuenca since there was an error and there are two of us. But, really, I'm open to any RP's. Treaty making/politics or family dynamics or the deals between families. It feels like the game would have a lot of options for RP, unless most of us are conquered within 24 hours  :o

r06t7n.gif

#9 lockey

lockey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

One way to look at it would to consider your family members as NPC's for your stories, while you act as the writer of the family chronicles.

Such as :

Today, Elyse of Plock, daughter of the lord of Plock was given to the family of Paris as a sacrificial lamb in an exchange of daughters for the eldest sons. Elyse consider herself lucky tho, her future husband might be plain, but the poor girl from Paris was going to marry her ugly brother. Normaly her father would have let him die alone to prevent such an horrible trait to be passed down in the family, but fate made it so that he was the heir and such he needed a wife to keep the bloodline going.

#10 Mclegrand

Mclegrand

King

• Administrators
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

years pass too fast ,I was a Beta tester, once game started , people gonna die rapidly, ( 3-4 days avg ). unless you want to do rapid rps;  it's not possible but the game is vaste, it has many ig rp element , like contract etc.

24h irl = 1 year IG, so people that do not die at an early age stay alive for ~2 months, I think I typically change leader every month

MOH
Forum admin (ne me contactez pas pour des problèmes IG) inutile (je ne peux pas créer de groupes d'accès)
Chef traducteur anglais
Rédacteur du wiki

Europe 500
(futur) Roi de Hongrie-Croatie
Duc de Transylvanie
Grand fournisseur de mariés des familles d'Europe

#11 Joanna

Joanna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Just another idea - since this specific game is supposed to last 3 months (90 years), it might work to choose one of the children and RP from their perspective as long as they live, letting all the other characters be NPCs. You might need to pick one that's born a bit into the game for them to last for the rest of the game though.

Joanna_zpsaygrzctk.png

#12 Calamore

Calamore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

I'm thinking of creating a character that has a heroic role within my land and RPing him. Sir Calamore, Lord Protector of the House Madridejos :P Or something like that. Having him negotiate treaties on behalf of the house and participate in major battles, etc.

#13 Shroud_shifter

Shroud_shifter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

I don't think this game is very well suited for in-depth role playing as the time goes by so fast. I think of Shroud Shifter as a kind of mysterious spirit that walks through time, observing and sometimes controlling the lives of one family.

#14 Calamore

Calamore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

I don't think it's an environment where we can have long term characters, but I'm used to only doing 1/2 RP's with a character than being done with him. Celcius is drawing from the RK crowd though, and I think they might have troubles only having a character around for a few months :P

#15 Izzie

Izzie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Not a problem for me.

#16 Caell_Morrowing

Caell_Morrowing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Well I am roleplaying everywhere except from the public chat. Especially in treaties and messages. But unfortunately some peeps still use fuckin emoticons in RP.

#17 Bekah

Bekah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Anybody who wants to write and tell stories will find a way and this is great.  As for me, no time to role play on this game because it is already too clicky, buggy and time consuming.  So much potential wasted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users