2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaime

Jaime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

It was late Summer 1212 that the King of Al'Andalus, Ioan I of Málaga, called for his bannermen, councillors and generals to meet him at the castle of Cadix, the jewel of his Kingdom. Among the invited were the Duque of Gibraleón, the Viscount of Segura, the Viscount of Jaén, and the Lords of Puertollano and Vera. Other lesser Lords had gathered to listen to the Council, but they were not participating. 

A long table had been set up in the castle's greeting hall and the servants had been preparing for the evening. Much would be discussed of the future of the Kingdom, and our closest ally, the King of Spain, had been invited to sit next to the King of Al'Andalus, whose houses had recently been joined by the marriage between the heir to the throne of Spain and the oldest daughter of Ioan. 

The Heralds were expecting the guests to arrive any moment. 

[DISCLAIMER: This thread is in English and only Lords of Al'Andalus and the guests invited personally may join. If you wish to participate you may write me a letter asking for permission.]

#2 Augustus

Augustus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

New Duke de Gibraleón had been warned  of the demand  of the Roy by his uncle.

He thus wrote in this one to announce him  his coming.

To you majesty,

Of us, Fracan of Gibraleón Duc of Gibraleon

I writes you to announce first of all the death of my deceased father Joeva whom you certainly knew several days ago. Straightaway, being his heir, me resumes the continuation  of its lands.
So by this mail, I announce you my coming in your castle.

Then he set off then with his people having to give to his uncle the direction  of his lands routes her for the castle of the roy.

#3 Jaime

Jaime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ioan received the letter from the House of Gibraleón and skimmed it over. He was inflicted with much pain, as that very morning his son and heir had fallen off his horse and broken his neck on a stone. The entire Kingdom grieved and the King was broken inside, but he had to continue his business, and his sons two sons had now been put in a safer environment, away from harm. The brothers of the deceased prince were gathered at his side, and the sister, married to the Prince of Spain, had sent heartfelt letters of grief, wishing she could be there for the burial. 

Nonetheless, the King's business continued, and he hoped that they would soon unite in his Great Halls at the castle of Cadix. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users