• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lord_Johnny

Lord_Johnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

So, I have recently created an army in my home province and went to attack an enemy whom I had declared war on. After waiting the required time before being able to attack them, I launched my attack. Or so I thought. My troops did not attack the town, and even though my army was in lands immediately adjacent to my own home territory, my men were not being supplied. Now, instead of being able to capture the town, I have to retreat with barely 1/3 of my troops, as they were all starving to death. This is because the supply line was cut, even though they were next to the province that they attacked from. They were starving even though my food stores in my capital were maxed out, because the food would not pull.
Honestly, I have looked over everything, and talked to a few people who tell me that it is supposed to automatically pull food every month when the army is next to it's own province, and when there is food to pull, but it was not doing so.

#2 Tisoon

Tisoon

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:38 PM

1461429352-sans-titre-1.jpg
In the red box, what is written for your army?
In the black box, have you values set superior to 0 for both boxes on a same row? The first box is what you army asks to your lordship, the second one is the maximum your town agrees to send.
Amicalement Tisoon

#3 Duncan.Labhran

Duncan.Labhran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

I had this same thing happen to me when I tried to attack a second territory adjacent to my home (I am in Dorgali on Sardinia and tried to attack Orstano). Yes, I have both (all four) boxes over 0, as high as 50 in each and it is not supplying food when I have max food in my home, nor supplying troops. I first attacked Olbia and that went wel, but now this time my troops are not receiving supplies. I've tried resetting the supply line, but no luck. It says Supply line is interrupted. I even made sure I have available peasants for reinforcements, but still no luck. Very disappointing.

Here is a screenshot of Army management. On left you can see supply is interrupted, on right you can see that it should be supplied. I have max food in Dorgali. Dorgali and Orstano are right next to each other with a big shared border.

http://imgur.com/yjjzX75

Here is map, showing my siege on lower left (Orstano) and my home province on upper right. http://imgur.com/uEoDkDU

Why is army not being supplied? When I attacked Olbia, supply was fine.

#4 Duncan.Labhran

Duncan.Labhran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

So, I turned off my supply line entirely (by switching it to another province I just took), then I reset the supply line and after the month turned over it restored itself properly. Obviously, you couldn't do this if you didn't have a second province to switch off the main supply line, since an army MUST have a supply line.

This only worked for food though. I have over 200 soldiers that can be mobilized in my province and no reinforcements were sent even though I indicated that they should be in the supply line. So something is still not right here.

• Lord_Johnny likes this

#5 Tisoon

Tisoon

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

There is no no man supply during a battle or a siege. The army will be supplied in men at the change of month following the end of the siege.

Sometimes (not always) after a supply change, the supply line is still indicated as cut even if everything looks good. It comes back as normal at the new month (the link colour change is not instantaneous).

About the bug itself, difficult to know what is wrong and more important what are the conditions causing this bug. A supply line is cut when your army receives no supply (of course) or when there is no possible way between the army and the supplying city not crossing an enemy territory.
Amicalement Tisoon

#6 Lord_Johnny

Lord_Johnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

So, I turned off my supply line entirely (by switching it to another province I just took), then I reset the supply line and after the month turned over it restored itself properly. Obviously, you couldn't do this if you didn't have a second province to switch off the main supply line, since an army MUST have a supply line.

This only worked for food though. I have over 200 soldiers that can be mobilized in my province and no reinforcements were sent even though I indicated that they should be in the supply line. So something is still not right here.

I think Duncan is on point. The troops were irrelevant, except that they were dying when they shouldn't have been dying, because they should have been being supplied.

#7 Tisoon

Tisoon

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:23 PM

Actually there are two kind of situations.
In the majority of cases, the supply line is really cut and people just don't understand why. The game doesn't indicate why it's not supplying anymore, so it becomes quite difficult to know whether it's a bug or you have just done something wrong.
In a few cases, there's really a bug.

The case of Duncan is really easy to understand and so there's clearly a bug in his case. The question is now to understand why he experienced this bug?
Amicalement Tisoon

#8 Lord_Johnny

Lord_Johnny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

Actually there are two kind of situations.
In the majority of cases, the supply line is really cut and people just don't understand why. The game doesn't indicate why it's not supplying anymore, so it becomes quite difficult to know whether it's a bug or you have just done something wrong.
In a few cases, there's really a bug.

Okay, fair enough. On the other hand there isn't a reason for my supply line to be cut. My army moved from my single territory to an immediately adjacent territory. There is NO reason for the supply line to have been cut. IE Bug...like I said the first time.

#9 Tisoon

Tisoon

Advanced Member

• Arbitres
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

And what about the red and black boxes of my screen above? What were the values?
Amicalement Tisoon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supply, lost troops, Army

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users